Stevan227

Thief of Dreams

Stevan V. Nikolic was born in Belgrade, Serbia in 1958 and moved to New York, USA in 1987. He began his literary career as a poet before turning to non-fiction and fiction. As a writer, he spent last fifteen years studying various forms of esoteric spirituality. Mr. Nikolic is the author of ten books: Royal Art (2006), The Peace of the Rose (2007) The Purpose of Freemasonry (2008), Freemasonry in Serbia (2011), On the Square– Decoding Freemasonry (2013) , Spiritual Guide to the Secret of Birth - a four books series on Astrology, Alchemy, Kabbalah, and Ancient Mysteries in Serbian language (2010/2011), and a novel Weekend in Faro (2014). To learn more about Stevan V. Nikolic visit:: www.stevanvnikolic.info http://stevanvnikolic.blogspot.com www.facebook.com/stevanvnikolic www.istinagroup.us www.verbumbonum.org
"Quotes from the book Weekend In Faro (2)"

“Your mind always follows your heart. That will never change. The one good thing about you is that you are a survivor. You can survive and get out of any situation. The bad part about it is that in the process you always unintentionally hurt others as well as yourself. Did you ever ask yourself how long you will be able to go this way? Whatever you are after in your life, is it worth it?”
“However, in the virtual world of social networks, we get attracted to identities that are virtual. We don’t know who is behind them and what their intentions are. Sometimes, they are just predators looking for easy prey.  And they are very good at what they do.”
“Besides her family, the only other permanent part of her life was with her friends online. She could be with them at anytime, anywhere she was. She could talk to them about anything. It was her own virtual world and her parents could not interfere or comment on it, but she had dreams too. And her dreams included a man—a man that she created in her dreams and thought that she would never find in the real world.  Then, suddenly, Michael showed up claiming to be that man.”
“How much of it was real. How much of it was just a dream. Is it possible that all of it was just a play between two lonely people? Was this woman the one I really love or just the product of my imagination and of my desire to love and be loved. Would I be able to make this dream come true or was I heading into disillusionment and tragedy?”
“Your love is so pure, so deep, so universal, expressed to the whole of creation, that directing your love to one single person often seemed to you like a limitation of your feelings, like the loss of the freedom to be who you really are.   I understand all that. You were longing for the man that will understand and love you the same way you love, without asking from you what you couldn’t give.”
“You say, you can’t live without hope? My friend, hope is our biggest enemy. It does not bring realization. It just prolongs suffering.”
“There is something called positive thinking that people often confuse with hope. But it is different. Positive thinking is a state of mind, while hope is a useless state of the heart. Positive thinking is about doing and hope is about feeling. So, positive thinking is what you need.”
“I also know that I was not the only seeker of the Holy Grail. One day, somebody will be worthy enough. All that is left for me are my memories—the weekend in Faro, when I was so close to it and so happy and so in love.”
For more quotes from the novel Weekend In Faro go to goodreads.com